- Bret "Hitman" Hart - inducted by Stone Cold Steve Austin. The WWE have shown a touch of class on this one. Bret really deserved to be remembered for his sensational career and not just 1997. It was Bret who paved the way for "smaller" wrestlers to shine in the WWE and his induction really lends the hall of fame credibility. SCSA inducting Bret was a fantastic call, as the WM X3 match was probably the best ever booked in WWE history. It can be argued that the double turn at the end sparked off the Attitude era and WWE ultimately buying out the WCW. As a long time WWE fan will feel overjoyed when Bret gets his well deserved dues.
- Other inductees: Eddie Guerrero, Sensational Sherri Martel, Mean Gene Okerlund, Verne Gagne, The Blackjacks, Tony Atlas and William Perry (Celebrity Section)
WWE WRESTLEMANIA COMMENTS / PREDICTIONS
- Torrie Wilson Vs. Candice Michelle (Pillow match) : Uh....Excuse me but does anyone really care about that one? Anyhow Vince has to get the usual quota of scantily dressed women for every PPV. Prediction : Who Cares. I could toss a coin and...........OK. Candice.
- Boogeyman Vs. Booker T and Sharmell. While I dont see this beeing a great match, Booker should be able to carry Boogey to a decent match. Expect a lot of spots and worms. Prediction : Boogeyman, yawn........
- Trish Stratus (C) Vs. Mickie James : Probably the best booked match on the card. The WWE actually have me rooting for a Women's match. Way to go!! Love the lesbian - psycho angle. I expect this to be one of the title changes of the day leading to a prolonged feud. The match should be excellent too. Prediction : Mickie James
- Kane/Big Show (C) Vs. Carlito/Chris Masters : This is one a lot of people have been cribbing about. I think the match is going to be a pretty good one. Probably the short booking and the teaming suggests a Carlito face turn. Prediction : Kane/Big Show and Carlito doing a face turn
- Chris Benoit (C) Vs. JBL : This should be a good one if Chris and JBL get it going. A tough one to predict. I think the WWE would let Chris retain, and JBL win. Prediction : JBL by DQ.
- Edge Vs. Mick Foley : I'm going out on a limb here. Foley doesn't really have a WM moment and Edge doesn't really need the win. A loss to Foley would not mean so much and there could even be a rematch at a later PPV where Edge could get the win. Do expect a lot of blood spilling whatever the outcome. Prediction : Mick Foley
- Money In the bank ladder match: This simply does not have the class the last one had. Really, what the hell is Finley / Hardy / Flair even doing over here? If the WWE had some sense Carlito, Masters, Orton would be in the match. However that is neither here nor there. Probably the WWE want Carlito to turn face and are pushing for flair Vs. H. Prediction : Ric Flair.
- Mr. McMahon Vs. HBK : What the hell is Vince doing booking himself vs. HBK at WM? The booking for this one has been disgusting and perverted. And with the sharpshooter at SNME, it will really be a let down if Bret no shows on Sunday. However, I simply do not see a future HOFer lose to a non wrestler at the biggest stage of them all. But with Vince's ego who knows. Prediction : HBK
- Undertaker Vs. Mark Henry. 14-0. Period. If the WWE jobs Taker to this putrid piece of crap, I for one will stop watching WWE. Just hope the tub of lard does not injure Taker. Prediction : Undertaker.
- Kurt Angle (C) Vs. Rey Mysterio Vs. Randy Orton. : This should be a brilliant match. With enough spots and technical wrestling it should be great. Add to it the crowd behind Rey and Eddie. Wow!! Prediction : Rey Mysterio, even if it is for one night.
- Triple H Vs. John Cena (C) : The toughest one to call. I really do not know why this was booked. Cena simply does not draw. Neither does H. I guess this will go down the wire and the decision made at the last minute. If the crowd soundly boo Cena, expect a title change. However feel that probably Cena is going to retain for a short period. Prediction : John Cena
Moving on, I also feel that there would probably be an addition to the card with MNM defending and retaining against Mexicools. And probably a Cruiserweight championship match.
As far as the quality of the WM, think this is an uninspired 'Mania with a few good ones but nothing really that has me really marking for. Of course, we would only know on Sunday. Will be back to analyse how my predictions have worked out.